Having trouble with debts?
Life sometimes throws us challenges that cause debts, such a redundancy, zero hours contracts, and changing benefits.
It’s often difficult to understand what’s happening and that’s where we come in.
We’re here to help but it’s only working together that we can get this problem sorted out.
Here’s how our debt team can help
We explain your options and the possible outcomes of different courses of action.
You’re always in control and we encourage you to make your own decisions and act on your own behalf. Our aim is to help you manage your own problems by identifying suitable options.
What we do
- We assess your financial situation including checking your eligibility for any benefits.
- We help you with any emergencies such as threat of eviction, bailiffs, court hearings or any other urgent issues.
- We advise you which payments to prioritise and help you deal with priority debts such as arrears of rent, mortgage, council tax or fuel.
- We advise you on whether you’re liable for the debts and help you challenge your liability where appropriate.
- We help you respond to court claims.
- We assess your finances as a whole including assets and explain all the options available.
How can get help
- Start by gathering all your letters from creditors, and details of your income.
- Then call the advice line.
- Our advisers will assess your situation over the phone and give you advice on any emergencies.
- They will then refer you for an appointment with our specialist debt caseworkers.
Why come to us
Our debt caseworkers work under the Money Advice contract. They are highly skilled with many years experience of helping people with their debts.
Their work is quality checked by both Citizens Advice and the Money Advice Service.